Writing for the web: 7 steps to web copy that works
Author: Emma Jayne Jones
Format: Kindle Edition
Publisher: Bitesize Business Writing
Release Date: July 31, 2011
Your website is often the first contact you have with potential customers, and we all know how important first impressions are. This practical, straightforward book makes it easy to write compelling web copy that represents you and your brand effectively.
* Understand how people read the web and what this means for your writing.
* Find out how to plan, organise and structure your web pages.
* Learn how to choose words with impact and write eye-catching headings.
* Tips on developing a style guide and optimising your website
Emma Jayne Jones is director of Bitesize Business Writing and has taught hundreds of people from businesses, the media and international organisations how to write brilliant websites. She has distilled her years of experience into 7 simple steps to web writing that works:
1. Learn how people read the web
2. Understand your website
4. Hit the headlines
5. Use words that work
6. Love layout
7. Optimise your copy